Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings).
Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings) is eating natural and organic is anything we all wish to do, although it is hard. As a way to consume healthy, you must first make the correct nutrition choices. Eating healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial to your results.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, ukrainian vushka (mushroom dumplings). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings) is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have ukrainian vushka (mushroom dumplings) using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings):
- Get 454 g of mushrooms (2 pkgs).
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. of Salt.
- Take 1 of egg (slightly beaten).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk, room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- Take 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Get 2 Tbs. of butter, softened.
- Make ready 1 1/2 of medium onions.
- Take 5 cloves of minced garlic.
- Make ready of Salt an pepper to taste (for filling).
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 2 tbsp of bread crumbs.
Steps to make Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings):
- Measure 2 cups of flour and place it in a large mixing bowl, making a well in the middle..
- Add the egg, salt, sour cream and butter into the well..
- Using a dough hook start mixing on low incorporating the flour into the wet ingredients, forming soft dough..
- Keep on adding the milk slowly into the mixture, until all used up. Add additional warm water if needed, to form a soft, sticky dough..
- Incorporate the remaining flour, until a soft and silky dough is formed. Do not over knead the dough, so it does not get tough. It should feel like fresh pizza dough, but slightly softer..
- Once the dough has formed, cover it with a tea towel, and let it rest at least 15 minutes..
- In the meantime, grate all your mushrooms (in a food processor or by hand). Pour some olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. Saute the mushrooms until the water evaporates. Approximatey(5-7 minutes).
- Add in diced onions. Saute for another few minutes. Add minced garlic and saute another minute..
- Add soy sauce and bread crumbs. Cook for another minute. And then set aside. If you find your mixture to be too watery still, place in a strainer and allow the liquid to drain..
- Generously flour your work area, and roll out 1/2 of the dough, to a very thin sheet, about 1/8 inch thickness. Leave the second half of the dough covered to keep it from drying out..
- Cut your dough in long strips and then cut them again on a diagonal to form diamonds..
- With a spoon add a bit of filling to each peice of dough, one by one. Fold over the dough to form a triangle. Pinch the sides well on each side. Pull 2 corners of the triangle together to form a ring. Place on the a floured tray until ready to cook..
- Once all dumplings are made. Boil a large pot of water. Throw in enough dumplings to cover the bottom of the pot (about half of them). Wait until dumplings start floating before you pull them out..
- Enjoy with borscht!.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food ukrainian vushka (mushroom dumplings) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!