Scottish Mince 'n Tatties!. Mince and tatties, often called Mince and totties in England or the Highlands of Scotland, but never in Glasgow, is a popular Scottish dish, consisting of minced beef and mashed potato. Scottish Mince & Tatties for a a comfort food meal that is a family favourite meal my Nana made. It's a comforting traditional Scottish mince recipe.
My best friend married a gent from Glasgow, and he gave me this recipe because he got tired of cooking it for me all the time! It's simple and savoury, and if you want a truly authentic Scottish meal, serve it with buttered peas. Mince and tatties is a long-standing, classic Scottish dish.
Scottish Mince 'n Tatties! is choices natural and organic is anything all of us want to do, although it’s hard. As a way to consume healthy, you must first make the correct nutrients choices. Dining healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial in your results.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Quin, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, scottish mince 'n tatties!. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mince and tatties, often called Mince and totties in England or the Highlands of Scotland, but never in Glasgow, is a popular Scottish dish, consisting of minced beef and mashed potato. Scottish Mince & Tatties for a a comfort food meal that is a family favourite meal my Nana made. It's a comforting traditional Scottish mince recipe.
Scottish Mince 'n Tatties! is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Scottish Mince 'n Tatties! is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have scottish mince 'n tatties! using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Scottish Mince 'n Tatties!:
- Get of mince.
- Get 750 grams of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, chopped.
- Take 1 cup of peas.
- Get 1 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Make ready 2 of beef stock cubes, crumbled.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of water (approx).
- Prepare of tatties.
- Prepare 1 of approx 6 potatoes, quartered.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
- Prepare 1 of splash of full fat milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic.
The mince and tatties recipes on this page are about looking at how the dish can be developed in a number of different and tasty ways. Mince & Tatties is the traditional Scottish recipe? When I first read the Mince & Tatties recipe it reminded me of our own family meal when I was growing up which originated from the stretch the budget combination and concoction of hamburger, peas and rice.
Instructions to make Scottish Mince 'n Tatties!:
- Pre-heat oil in pan on medium-high heat..
- Saute onions and carrots for approx 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground beef, mixing well until beef begins browning. Drain any fat at this stage leaving a small amount for flavour.
- Add garlic, peas, pepper and stock cubes. Pour over enough water just to cover mixture and mix well until stock cubes dissolve. Set on low heat and simmer for 35-40 min, stirring occasionally.
- While mince simmers, boil potatoes until cooked through. Drain and add the cheese, garlic, butter and milk.
- Mash potatoes until creamy – you may need more butter or milk. Once mashed, serve with your mince.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food scottish mince 'n tatties! recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!