The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion. Mince pies with homemade mincemeat and pastry. Add a grating of orange zest to your pastry for a unique flavour. Grease a bun tin or muffin tin, depending on how deep you like your mince pies.
Line your mince pie tins with the pastry (greased with trex), we used a pallett knife and place a spoonful of mince in each, place on pastry tops and We've already gone through dozens of mince pies in our house so far this year. Do you need individual tins like you get in the ready made packets? Early mince pies were much bigger than modern treats – and had a sweet and savoury meat-based filling (Credit: Alamy).
The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion is eating healthy is whatever all of us want to do, although it is hard. With the intention to devour healthy, you must first make the right nutrients choices. Dining healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial to your results.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, the most amazing mince pies ever from auntie marion. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mince pies with homemade mincemeat and pastry. Add a grating of orange zest to your pastry for a unique flavour. Grease a bun tin or muffin tin, depending on how deep you like your mince pies.
The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook the most amazing mince pies ever from auntie marion using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion:
- Take 8 oz of SF Flour.
- Get 2 tsp of Icing Sugar.
- Make ready 2 pinch of Sea Salt.
- Take 2 oz of Butter.
- Make ready 2 oz of Lard/Trex.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Ice cold water.
- Prepare 2 can of Mincemeat.
- Get 2 tbsp of Brandy.
- Make ready 1 of Egg yolk beaten with two tsp of water.
- Take 1 of Egg yolk.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Castor sugar.
These are hands-down the deepest mince pies we've ever had the pleasure of coming across. This filling is made up of lots of different dried fruits like raisins, currants and berries, and Would you eat it? The recipe for mince pies date back to hundreds of years ago and originally had thirteen ingredients to represent the twelve apostles. The easiest mince pies you'll ever make, Good Food's cookery team has created fabulous festive Christmas treats that take just minutes to prepare.
Instructions to make The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion:
- Rub the flour, sugar, salt & both fats together in a large bowl. You can use a food processor if you prefer..
- Add the water in dribbles & bring the pastry together with a flat knife..
- With your hands, make the pastry into a ball and wrap it in cling film. Put it in the fridge for half an hour to chill. Set the oven to gas mark 5/190C/375F..
- Divide pastry into three quarters & a quater. Roll out the bigger piece of pastry & line a 12 hole bun tin (remember to grease & dust with icing sugar). Roll to the thickness of a coin..
- Put the mincemeat into a jar & stir in the brandy. Mix well, put half a tablespoon into each pie..
- Roll out the remaining pastry, to the same thickness. Mix the egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of water. Save the egg white..
- Brush the egg white round the edges of the pies and put on the pie lids, this will seal the pies..
- Brush the tops of the pies with the egg yolks & make a little slit in each one with a knife. Sprinkle eith Castor sugar & put in the oven..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, take out of the oven & transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar & enjoy!!!.
During the English Civil War, the mince pie was frowned upon because of its link to Catholicism – and they were even banned at one point by Oliver Cromwell. La mince pie è un dolce tradizionale inglese, che viene di solito consumato nel periodo di Natale e Capodanno. This was actually the most edible of the bunch. This is the best Chicken Pie We've ever had so we decided to try another one of their homemade items They have amazing pies with delicious fillings, sweet and savory; in addition to other savory Marion's pies should learn from Welsh meat pies. I will not be ordering meat pies again.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food the most amazing mince pies ever from auntie marion recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!