Opor Ayam/Chicken braised in coconut milk. Opor ayam is an Indonesian dish from Central Java consisting of chicken cooked in coconut milk. The spice mixture (bumbu) includes galangal, lemongrass, cinnamon, tamarind juice, palm sugar. Opor ayam is an Indonesian chicken dish originating from the central to Eastern parts of the Java islands.
According to her Opor Ayam is a traditional dish of celebration at Eid ul-Fitr, the end of Ramadan, in Java. The base of the recipe is a floral paste of ground nuts (she used macadamian I used cashew), coriander, tumeric and garlic to which coconut milk is added and allowed to simmer. Unlike many other Indonesian dishes, opor ayam is mild and chili free, making this dish a perfect introduction to Indonesian dishes.
Opor Ayam/Chicken braised in coconut milk is eating natural is something all of us would like to do, although it is hard. As a way to devour healthy, you must first make the correct nutrition choices. Eating healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial to your results.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Syrita, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, opor ayam/chicken braised in coconut milk. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Opor ayam is an Indonesian dish from Central Java consisting of chicken cooked in coconut milk. The spice mixture (bumbu) includes galangal, lemongrass, cinnamon, tamarind juice, palm sugar. Opor ayam is an Indonesian chicken dish originating from the central to Eastern parts of the Java islands.
Opor Ayam/Chicken braised in coconut milk is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Opor Ayam/Chicken braised in coconut milk is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook opor ayam/chicken braised in coconut milk using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Opor Ayam/Chicken braised in coconut milk:
- Make ready 500-600 gr of chicken.
- Get 5 of boiled eggs.
- Get 2 cans of coconut milk.
- Make ready 1 of onion.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of coriander powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 1.5-2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of lemon grass.
- Make ready 3 of bay leaves.
- Take 1.5 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of oil.
- Make ready 2 cm of ginger.
- Get 2 cm of galangal.
- Make ready 3-4 of lime leaves.
For more everyday occasions, you can spot opor ayam in a nasi gudeg meal set where the chicken is served with steamed white rice, gudeg (young jackfruit sweet. For Recipe in English please scroll down. Opor ayam is one of the popular Javanese chicken dishes. Opor refers to the method of cooking/braising in coconut milk.
Instructions to make Opor Ayam/Chicken braised in coconut milk:
- Peel and wash the onion and garlic. Slice the onion and grate the garlic (I am using mortar to make the garlic paste with other ingredients, black pepper, cumin, and coriander seeds)./Kupas dan cuci bawang bombay dan bawang putih. Iris tipis bawang bombay dan haluskan bawang putih (saya menggunakan lesung untuk membuat pasta bawang putih dengan bahan lain, lada hitam, jinten, dan biji ketumbar)..
- Prepare the saucepan, heat it, adds the oil, saute the onion till golden brown. Add the garlic, black pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric powder (or the garlic paste), salt, and sugar keep sauteing for 2-3 minutes./Siapkan panci, panaskan, tambahkan minyak, tumis bawang bombay hingga berwarna cokelat keemasan. Tambahkan bawang putih halus, lada hitam, ketumbar, jintan, bubuk kunyit (atau pasta bawang putih), garam, dan gula, tumis terus selama 2-3 menit..
- Add the lemongrass, bay leaves, galangal, ginger, and lime leaves. Continue to sautéing for 2-3 minutes. Then add the chicken and 3 cups of water, boiled eggs, close the lid wait till the chicken is cook./Tambahkan serai, daun salam, lengkuas, jahe, dan daun jeruk. Lanjutkan menumis selama 2-3 menit. Kmd tambahkan ayam, 3 gelas air, telur rebus, tutup panci tunggu sampai ayam matang..
- Once the chicken is cook, add the coconut milk. Gently stir the yellow soup till the soup is boiled./Setelah ayam matang, tambahkan santan. Aduk perlahan sup kuning sampai sup mendidih..
- Opor Ayam or chicken braised in coconut milk is ready to serve accompanied with rice and sambal to add the spicy taste./Opor Ayam atau ayam rebus dalam santan siap dihidangkan ditemani nasi dan sambal sebagai penambah selera pedas. Bon Appetit! Selamat Makan!.
I didn't deep fry the chicken and let the chicken just simmer in the aromatics and coconut milk. This dish is deeply flavorful from the spices and the creaminess of. I started to learn how to cook Indonesian food and this one is a keeper. It's a mild chicken curry style dish that is a fav among kids here. My sister-in-law gave me this recipe and it turned out pretty good the first time I tried.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food opor ayam/chicken braised in coconut milk recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!