Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya.
Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya is eating healthy is whatever all of us want to do, although it’s hard. So as to eat healthy, you must first make the correct meals choices. Eating healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the options very crucial in your results.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, savory sautéed bitter gourd with tomatoes / ampalaya. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have savory sautéed bitter gourd with tomatoes / ampalaya using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya:
- Get of Bitter Gourd / Ampalaya / Bitter Melon, sliced.
- Make ready of small tomatoes (double if using the whole Gourd), sliced.
- Prepare of minced beef or chopped pork.
- Make ready of small red onion, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Take of beaten egg.
- Get of Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Make ready of patis (optional).
- Make ready of of a cube of pork or beef broth cube.
- Make ready of water or as needed.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Get of For Soaking.
- Take of Water to submerge the sliced gourd.
- Take of Generous amount of salt.
Steps to make Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya:
- TAMING THE GOURD'S BITTERNESS: Slice in C shapes and place in a container. Sprinkle salt over it generously. Leave on the counter for 30 minutes or more. Then squeeze lightly under running tap to remove the saltiness and bitterness. Place in another container with water while lightly rubbing with your fingers. Discard and fill it again with water. Do this 3 times..
- Leave the gourd soaking in water while you prep your other ingredients..
- Sauté onions then garlic in oil. Then sauté in your choice of meat (beef or pork, minced or chopped)..
- When meat has changed color, add in the chopped tomatoes. Dissolve the broth cube in 1/8c of water and add to the pan. Season with salt/patis, pepper, as desired. Cover and bring to a slight boil..
- Remove and lightly squeeze out liquid from the gourd then add to the pan. Don't mix yet, just cover a few minutes to cook the gourd..
- Beat an egg and pour around the pan. Mix slightly. If sauce is drying out you can add tablespoons of water. Mix, taste and adjust. Cover and let it simmer. For a crunchy gourd, don't simmer too long. For softer, leave longer..
- Serve as a side or veggie dish. Enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food savory sautéed bitter gourd with tomatoes / ampalaya recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!