Split Pea Soup with Ham. I did a few things my old way such as. This is a straight-forward version of a classic soup combines dried split peas with onion and ham. Variations include adding carrots, celery, or potatoes.
You'll turn to this split pea soup with ham all winter long. When I want Split Pea Soup, this is the recipe I crave! Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this is so delicious and freezes well.
Split Pea Soup with Ham is food natural is something we all want to do, although it can be hard. So as to eat healthy, you must first make the correct nutrients choices. Eating healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial to your results.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, split pea soup with ham. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Split Pea Soup with Ham is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Split Pea Soup with Ham is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
I did a few things my old way such as. This is a straight-forward version of a classic soup combines dried split peas with onion and ham. Variations include adding carrots, celery, or potatoes.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have split pea soup with ham using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Take 2 lb. of dried split peas.
- Make ready 11 1/2 of cups.
- Make ready 4 of chicken bouillon.
- Get 2 lb. of ham on bone.
- Prepare 4-5 clove of garlic minced or pressed.
- Get 2 of carrots sliced or ½ cup shredded.
- Get 2 of celery stalks leave and all medium chopped.
- Make ready 1 of onion minced.
- Get 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Get 1 pinch of Kosher salt.
- Get 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh black pepper.
- Get of Chopped cooked bacon; if there isn’t any ham or additional needed.
To freeze pea soup, let the soup cool then transfer to freezer safe containers in portions and label the soup with the date and time. CLEARLY CANADIAN ~ YELLOW SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM (Canadian Recipe). Homemade Split Pea Soup with Bacon Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks.
Instructions to make Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Add the water bouillon cubes, seasonings (oregano, bayleef, black pepper, cayenne pepper) and hambone together. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for the next half hour..
- Start chopping onions celery garlic and carrots. Add in the peas and stir frequently. Then adding the chopped vegetables. Continue to start frequently. To prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pot..
- After about an hour and a half simmering. Carefully remove the Ham bone from the mixture. Remove any additional Ham removing the fat as well. Chop up finally and add the Ham back into the soup discarding the bone..
- Additional seasoning taste and serve..
This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days. This split pea soup recipe is adapted from one written by Julia Child years ago for a Parade Magazine article. Defrost the soup overnight in the Look for smoked ham hocks in the meat section of your grocery store. Split peas are a type of. Split peas and lentils are the two legumes that don't actually need an overnight soak or extensive cooking times, consequently, I always have a bag of each on hand for quick, easy, satisfying meals.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food split pea soup with ham recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!