Split Pea Soup with Ham. I did a few things my old way such as. This is a straight-forward version of a classic soup combines dried split peas with onion and ham. Variations include adding carrots, celery, or potatoes.
You'll turn to this split pea soup with ham all winter long. When I want Split Pea Soup, this is the recipe I crave! Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this is so delicious and freezes well.
Split Pea Soup with Ham is food healthy is whatever we all would like to do, although it is hard. As a way to devour healthy, you must first make the correct meals choices. Eating healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial on your results.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Ephriam, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, split pea soup with ham. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Split Pea Soup with Ham is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Split Pea Soup with Ham is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
I did a few things my old way such as. This is a straight-forward version of a classic soup combines dried split peas with onion and ham. Variations include adding carrots, celery, or potatoes.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook split pea soup with ham using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Get of dried split peas.
- Get of cups.
- Prepare of chicken bouillon.
- Get of ham on bone.
- Take of garlic minced or pressed.
- Make ready of carrots sliced or ½ cup shredded.
- Get of celery stalks leave and all medium chopped.
- Make ready of onion minced.
- Take of Bay leaves.
- Make ready of pepper.
- Prepare of oregano.
- Take of Kosher salt.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- Make ready of Fresh black pepper.
- Get of Chopped cooked bacon; if there isn’t any ham or additional needed.
To freeze pea soup, let the soup cool then transfer to freezer safe containers in portions and label the soup with the date and time. CLEARLY CANADIAN ~ YELLOW SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM (Canadian Recipe). Homemade Split Pea Soup with Bacon Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks.
Steps to make Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Add the water bouillon cubes, seasonings (oregano, bayleef, black pepper, cayenne pepper) and hambone together. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for the next half hour..
- Start chopping onions celery garlic and carrots. Add in the peas and stir frequently. Then adding the chopped vegetables. Continue to start frequently. To prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pot..
- After about an hour and a half simmering. Carefully remove the Ham bone from the mixture. Remove any additional Ham removing the fat as well. Chop up finally and add the Ham back into the soup discarding the bone..
- Additional seasoning taste and serve..
This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days. This split pea soup recipe is adapted from one written by Julia Child years ago for a Parade Magazine article. Defrost the soup overnight in the Look for smoked ham hocks in the meat section of your grocery store. Split peas are a type of. Split peas and lentils are the two legumes that don't actually need an overnight soak or extensive cooking times, consequently, I always have a bag of each on hand for quick, easy, satisfying meals.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food split pea soup with ham recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!