Spanish Mackerel Curry.
Spanish Mackerel Curry is eating healthy is anything all of us wish to do, although it’s hard. So as to consume healthy, you must first make the correct meals choices. Eating healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the options very crucial in your results.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Chey, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, spanish mackerel curry. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spanish Mackerel Curry is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Spanish Mackerel Curry is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have spanish mackerel curry using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- Take of A. Ingredients.
- Make ready 5 slices of Spanish Mackerel – fried.
- Take of (Rub Turmeric powder + salt on fish slices before frying).
- Make ready 5 of ladies fingers / okra.
- Prepare 1 of egg plant – thickly sliced.
- Prepare of B. Spices.
- Take 1/3 C of cooking oil.
- Make ready 1 tsp of mixed Indian spices (see Note).
- Take of C. Blend into a very fine paste.
- Prepare 1 of medium or big brown onion.
- Take 2 of shallots.
- Take 2 of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 C of soaked & softened dried chillies.
- Take of D. Make into a paste.
- Take 1/2 C of Baba’s Fish Curry Powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of Baba’s Meat Curry Powder.
- Make ready of E. Seasonings.
- Make ready to taste of Chicken seasoning powder.
- Make ready of Note.
- Make ready 1 of . Mixed Indian Spices or Panch Phoran can be bought ready mixed from the store.
- Take 2 of . Panch Phoran can also be prepared at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full in this fish curry.
Instructions to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- A – Rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt (or use chicken seasoning powder) on spanish mackerel slices. Fry fish slices until cooked through. Clean okra or ladies fingers’ stem (the very end of okras stem) and place okra on a hot wok. Cook at very high heat, without oil, for few minutes or until just wilted. This is to reduce the sliminess of the cut okra. Next, slice the eggplant..
- B – Use store-bought, pre-mixed indian spices or prepare at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed and nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full of this mixed spices in this curry. Alternatively, just use a pinch of each spice..
- C – Place ingredients in C with 1/4 C – 1/3 C of water in a blender and blend into a very fine paste..
- D – Combine D in a bowl. Add enough water to make a soft curry paste, not too thick or too thin..
- Cooking the curry – Over medium heat, heat cooking oil in a big wok. Add B (mixed spices) and stir for few seconds..
- Add in C (blended ingredients) and cook until aromatic and translucent..
- Next, add D (curry paste) and continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until oil is separated from the curry mixture..
- Pour 1 1/2 cups (to 2 cups) of water. Stir to mix and add sliced egg plant. Cover and bring to a boil and eggplant is tender. Season with enough chicken seasoning powder. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Add okra and fish. Bring curry to a boil again and turn the heat off right after that. Dish up. Serve with rice, dipping bread or roti..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food spanish mackerel curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!