Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style.
Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style is eating healthy is whatever we all would like to do, although it is hard. With the intention to devour healthy, you must first make the correct nutrients choices. Eating healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial in your results.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Daved, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, lentil and tomato curry, indian style. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have lentil and tomato curry, indian style using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- Take 1/2 can of lentils.
- Take 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Get 1 of small onion, sliced.
- Make ready 1 tbs of finely minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbs of finely minced garlic.
- Take 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Make ready 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Get 2 tbs of garam masala powder.
- Get 2 tbs of cooking cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Make ready 1 tbs of oil (I used coconut).
- Make ready to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Steps to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger..
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics..
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid)..
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency..
- Remove from heat and serve..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food lentil and tomato curry, indian style recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!