Pea and Cashew Indian style rice.
Pea and Cashew Indian style rice is eating natural is something we all want to do, although it’s hard. So as to consume healthy, you must first make the correct meals choices. Dining healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial in your results.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Thayer, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, pea and cashew indian style rice. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pea and Cashew Indian style rice is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Pea and Cashew Indian style rice is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pea and cashew indian style rice using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pea and Cashew Indian style rice:
- Make ready 1 cup of rice (basmati is traditional).
- Make ready 2 cup of water.
- Get 1/3 cup of cashews (unsalted and raw, but roasted is ok).
- Get 3 tbsp of oil (ghee is traditional or butter but any works with a decent heat point for cooking).
- Take 1 cup of fresh or frozen peas.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get 1 each of 1 inch piece fresh ginger.
- Make ready 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Get 1 tsp of garam masala or curry powder.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Take 1 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Take 3 tbsp of fresh herbs chopped or 1 1/2 tbl. dried like an Italian mix.
- Make ready 3 each of green chillies (Serrano work good, adjust for your heat level).
Instructions to make Pea and Cashew Indian style rice:
- Clean and soak rice for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve soaking water..
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan over medium low heat. If using Raw cashews, stir in the hot oil for 10 minutes until golden, remove from oil..
- Turn heat to medium, add cumin seeds, chilies (diced) and ginger (diced). Stir for 2-3 minutes until cumin seeds darken.
- Add the turmeric, garam masala/curry powder and paprika. Stir for one minute..
- Add the rice and stir for 4 minutes.
- Add the reserved soaking water and fresh peas (see step 8 if using frozen peas).
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes undisturbed..
- If using frozen peas, rinse in a strainer under warm water, add to rice after 15 minutes of cooking time (instead of 20 minutes). Do not stir, just add on top, cover and cook 5 more minutes..
- Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes..
- Added cashews, fluff all with fork. Serve hot..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pea and cashew indian style rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!