Pea and Cashew Indian style rice.
Pea and Cashew Indian style rice is choices natural is whatever we all would like to do, although it is hard. With the intention to consume healthy, you must first make the right nutrition choices. Dining healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the options very crucial on your results.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, pea and cashew indian style rice. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pea and Cashew Indian style rice is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Pea and Cashew Indian style rice is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pea and cashew indian style rice using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pea and Cashew Indian style rice:
- Prepare of rice (basmati is traditional).
- Make ready of water.
- Prepare of cashews (unsalted and raw, but roasted is ok).
- Prepare of oil (ghee is traditional or butter but any works with a decent heat point for cooking).
- Make ready of fresh or frozen peas.
- Take of cumin seeds.
- Make ready of 1 inch piece fresh ginger.
- Prepare of turmeric.
- Prepare of garam masala or curry powder.
- Take of paprika.
- Get of salt (or to taste).
- Make ready of fresh herbs chopped or 1 1/2 tbl. dried like an Italian mix.
- Take of green chillies (Serrano work good, adjust for your heat level).
Instructions to make Pea and Cashew Indian style rice:
- Clean and soak rice for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve soaking water..
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan over medium low heat. If using Raw cashews, stir in the hot oil for 10 minutes until golden, remove from oil..
- Turn heat to medium, add cumin seeds, chilies (diced) and ginger (diced). Stir for 2-3 minutes until cumin seeds darken.
- Add the turmeric, garam masala/curry powder and paprika. Stir for one minute..
- Add the rice and stir for 4 minutes.
- Add the reserved soaking water and fresh peas (see step 8 if using frozen peas).
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes undisturbed..
- If using frozen peas, rinse in a strainer under warm water, add to rice after 15 minutes of cooking time (instead of 20 minutes). Do not stir, just add on top, cover and cook 5 more minutes..
- Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes..
- Added cashews, fluff all with fork. Serve hot..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food pea and cashew indian style rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!