Rock Cakes. A rock cake, also called a rock bun, is a small cake with a rough surface resembling a rock. They were promoted by the Ministry of Food during the Second World War since they require fewer eggs and less sugar than ordinary cakes, an important savings in a time of strict rationing. Rock cakes are a type of fruitcakes.
See more ideas about rock cake, rock buns, recipes. Rock Cakes – simple, sweet and quick. Thus called because you mound them in craggy peaks to bake and hope they stay that way.
Rock Cakes is choices natural and organic is whatever all of us wish to do, although it is hard. With the intention to consume healthy, you must first make the correct meals choices. Dining healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial in your results.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Deanglo, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, rock cakes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Rock Cakes is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Rock Cakes is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
A rock cake, also called a rock bun, is a small cake with a rough surface resembling a rock. They were promoted by the Ministry of Food during the Second World War since they require fewer eggs and less sugar than ordinary cakes, an important savings in a time of strict rationing. Rock cakes are a type of fruitcakes.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have rock cakes using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Rock Cakes:
- Get 1.5 cups of Gluten free Self Raising flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Gluten free Plain flour.
- Make ready 1/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of Natvia or Stevia.
- Prepare 100 g of Nuttalex olive oil spread.
- Take 1/2 cup of Sultanas.
- Prepare 1 of Egg (lightly beaten).
- Get 1/3 cup of Almond milk.
Apparantly a favourite of Hagrids in Harry Potter, certainly a teatime favourite in our home. The easiest cakes you can make. Rock cakes are a light, crumbly tea-time favourite. Eat while they are still warm from the oven.
Steps to make Rock Cakes:
- Preheat oven to 180° celcius. Line two baking trays with baking paper..
- Sift the flour & cinnamon into a large bowl, add Natvia. With your finger tips, rub the Nuttalex into the flour, it will look like breadcrumbs. Add sultanas. Make a well in the centre of flour..
- Combine eggs & milk in a jug. Pour into the well. Gently using a butter knife, mix ingredients well, making into a sticky dough, (you may need to add a little more milk)..
- Spoon 1.5 Tablespoons of the mixture onto tray, make sure you leave a 5cm gap, so the don't rise and turn into one big rock cake, repeat until mixture is all gone..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in tray for 5 minutes, then place onto a wire rack..
- Note: Rock cakes will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days, if they last that long. ☺️.
So easy to make, and lots of fun for children to join in too. Rock cakes are made from a simple dough made of self-rising flour, baking powder, butter, sugar, milk, and egg is studded with dried fruit, rolled into balls, and baked. Rock cakes are a sweet treat made from eggs, flour, sugar, a raising agent, and fruit. They originated from England, where they gained popularity during WWII as a frugal but. Sweet Dreams are made of this.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food rock cakes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!