Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake.
Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake is choices natural and organic is whatever we all would like to do, although it is hard. So as to eat healthy, you must first make the right meals choices. Eating healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial on your results.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, southern icelandic blueberry skyr cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook southern icelandic blueberry skyr cake using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake:
- Take 2 of pre-made graham cracker pie crusts.
- Get 16 oz of heavy cream or whipping cream.
- Get 3 of x 5.3 oz blueberry Icelandic style skyr yogurt (Siggi's).
- Get 1 pint of fresh blueberries.
- Take 2 of ripe bananas.
- Get 4 oz of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 2 tbs of honey.
- Take 1 of small jar of blueberry preserves or fruit spread.
Steps to make Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Use chopper or food processor to finely chop walnuts. Spread walnuts evenly over both graham cracker pie crusts..
- Heat pie crusts in oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and press walnuts lightly into crust. Pressing using parchment paper will help walnuts adhere to crust. Remove parchment when walnuts are pressed into crust..
- Slice bananas and place slices from one banana on top of walnuts on each pie crust. (1 banana per crust) Set crusts aside..
- Empty heavy cream or whipping cream into stand mixer. Turn mixer to medium high and thoroughly whip cream (about 3-4 minutes)..
- Empty 3 blueberry yogurts into mixer bowl with whipped cream. Using a spatula, gently fold the yogurt into the whipped cream, and mix well, but try to retain the fluff of the cream..
- Add 1-2 tbs of honey into cream mixture and mix well..
- Spoon half of cream mixture into each pie crust. Use spatula to level..
- Place half of fresh blueberries on top of cream mixture on each cake..
- Heat preserves/fruit spread in microwave until warm and easily spreadable, but not liquid. About 1 minute on medium high in microwave then longer at 20-second intervals until desired consistency..
- Spoon preserves/fruit spread over blueberries and cover most of the cream mixture on each cake..
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Each skyr cake makes 8 slices. Serve and enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food southern icelandic blueberry skyr cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!