Japanese Matcha Swiss Roll Cake. Fluffy sponge cake rolled up with fresh matcha cream in the middle, this Matcha Swiss Roll will be an instant favorite this holiday season! Fluffy and moist Japanese chocolate swiss roll cake with chocolate cream and strawberries! You don't need to separate egg yolk and white!
Easy Japanese green tea swiss roll recipe. Perfect for tea time afternoon break, so delicious you would want to make it everyday! Matcha roll is actually a combination of cottony soft sponge cake rolled with fresh cream and cooked adzuki beans (red beans).
Japanese Matcha Swiss Roll Cake is eating natural and organic is anything all of us want to do, although it can be hard. As a way to consume healthy, you must first make the right nutrition choices. Eating healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial to your results.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, japanese matcha swiss roll cake. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Japanese Matcha Swiss Roll Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Japanese Matcha Swiss Roll Cake is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Fluffy sponge cake rolled up with fresh matcha cream in the middle, this Matcha Swiss Roll will be an instant favorite this holiday season! Fluffy and moist Japanese chocolate swiss roll cake with chocolate cream and strawberries! You don't need to separate egg yolk and white!
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have japanese matcha swiss roll cake using 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Japanese Matcha Swiss Roll Cake:
- Get of Sponge Cake.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Get 80 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 60 g of cake flour.
- Take 5 g of matcha powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- Make ready of Whipped Cream.
- Take 10 g of granulated sugar.
- Get 200 ml of heavy cream.
TRADITIONAL JAPANESE RECIPE: Matcha Swiss Roll (抹茶ロールケーキ) is Matcha flavored sponge cake rolled with Matcha whipped cream. If you have a soft spot for anything matcha (green tea), I am pretty sure you're going to be as obsessed with this cake as I am. Next, make the cake by combining the sugar, honey, matcha powder, and eggs in a large bowl. Once the batter has reached the correct consistency sift over the cake flour, and gently fold the flour in until all combined.
Steps to make Japanese Matcha Swiss Roll Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a parchment paper.
- Heat water in a large pot (ensure that your pot is big enough to place your mixing bowl in) over the stove. Remove the pot from the stove right before the water starts simmering.
- Put the eggs and sugar in the mixing bowl. Place the mixing bowl over the pot and start beating it using an electric hand whisk. When the mixture reaches body temperature, remove it from the pot and continue beating the mixture until it reaches a soft peak..
- Microwave the milk for 5-10 seconds to warm it up a bit.
- Put the milk inside the mixture and hand whisk it until blended.
- Sift half the matcha powder and the flour into the mixing bowl and hand whisk until well combined. Repeat with the rest of the flour and matcha powder. Make sure it's well combined..
- Pour the mixture into your baking pan. If there are air bubbles in your baking mixture, drop the pan to release the bubbles. Make sure the batter is evenly spread across the pan..
- Bake the cake for about 10-12 minutes. Check the cake around 10 min, make sure the bottom doesn't overcook. The top should spring back softly..
- While the cake is baking, you can start making the whipped cream.
- Place the sugar, and heavy cream into a bowl. Whip the ingredients together with an electric hand whisk until it reaches stiff peaks. Leave it aside.
- Once the cake is done, remove it and drop it once again so that the cake does not shrink. Set the cake aside to cool down a bit but not completely cool because it will be difficult to roll. You need to roll the cake while it is still warm or else it will crack..
- Flip the cake while it is still warm by placing a parchment paper and a baking tray on top and then flipping it over. Gently peel off the parchment paper..
- While the cake is still warm, carefully roll the cake with the parchment paper and then set aside for it to cool down to room temperature. Make sure it cools down completely before applying the whipped cream or else the cream will melt..
- After the cake is cooled, spread the whipped cream on the cake. Make sure to spread the cream thinner near the end of the cake and thicker near the beginning so that the cream doesn't spill over when it gets rolled up again..
- Carefully re-roll the cake with the cream tightly with parchment paper and plastic wrap..
- Place the cake in the fridge for at least an hour to chill before serving.
Matcha Roll Cake is Matcha flavored sponge cake rolled with Anko (sweet red bean) whipped cream. This western style dessert has traditional Japanese If you have made roll cakes, or swiss rolls, great, it will be the same. If you haven't, take care whipping egg whites well and mixing with flour. Swiss Roll is also known as Jelly Roll, which refers to a sponge cake with whipped cream being roll up to create the swirling pattern from the center. If you are making a plain Swiss Roll, you're options for cream can suit with other flavored cream such as coconut (kaya), pandan, blueberry, strawberry, and.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food japanese matcha swiss roll cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!