Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze.
Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze is food natural is anything all of us want to do, although it’s hard. So as to devour healthy, you must first make the correct nutrition choices. Eating healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the options very crucial on your results.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Andrianna, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- Get 1 of and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- Get 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Get 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take of Lemon glaze.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of water.
Steps to make Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed and until the mixture is a paler colour and sugar is dissolved or almost fully dissolved..
- Next, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork just until the whites and yolks are well combined..
- To the sugar butter mixture, add in the eggs in 4 parts beating for about 50 seconds after each addition. To that, add in the milk, vanilla and lemon juice and beat for another 30 seconds on medium speed until everything is well combined..
- After, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, and on low speed, beat until a smooth and thick but light batter is formed. With a spatula, give the batter a quick mix to ensure everything is well incorporated..
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 5 × 9 inch loaf pan and tap afew times on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for 40 minutes and then move to the top rack for an additional 20 minutes. After 60 minutes, a toothpick inserted should come out clean, if not, put the oven off but leave the cake in for 10 minutes, it should be done by then..
- While the cake cools, combine all the ingredients for the glaze in a medium saucepan over medium low heat and cook until the sugar fully dissolves..
- With a toothpick or a bamboo skewer, poke random holes all over the surface of the cake and pour the glaze all over the cake. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 20 minutes and then run a knife around the edges to take it out..
- Place on a serving platter and serve warm. I found caramel sauce goes well with this cake but is delicious as is as well..
- This cake keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container and can also be frozen for up to 2 weeks in cling film and then foil. Happy baking!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!