Whole Wheat Carrot Cake. This healthy carrot cake recipe is incredibly moist and nobody will believe it's whole wheat! Recipe includes a less sugary cream cheese frosting. Can also be made with all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour.
I decided to make some substantial changes that resulted in a cake that is flavorful and very light. Carrot cake is one of my favorites, and it's even better when I can actually feel good about eating it! 🙂 Frost with a cream cheese frosting (spreading apricot preserves This cake is pretty amazing. It's made without refined flour or sugar, but the taste and texture are sublime: it's not heavy at all.
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake is eating natural and organic is something we all want to do, although it can be hard. As a way to consume healthy, you must first make the right nutrients choices. Dining healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial on your results.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, whole wheat carrot cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Whole Wheat Carrot Cake is something which I have loved my entire life.
This healthy carrot cake recipe is incredibly moist and nobody will believe it's whole wheat! Recipe includes a less sugary cream cheese frosting. Can also be made with all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have whole wheat carrot cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Whole Wheat Carrot Cake:
- Take 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- Get 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grated carrots.
- Take 2 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
- Get 1/2 cup of dried apricots chopped.
Whole wheat flour (spelt flour): It is crucial you use one these flours. I have not tested the recipe with white whole wheat or pastry whole wheat flours. Greek yogurt: It's the Greek yogurt that replaces majority of oil that traditional carrot cake recipe call for. To begin making Whole Wheat Carrot Cake, grease a pan with butter and then dust it with flour.
Steps to make Whole Wheat Carrot Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Mix apple sauce and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Then add eggs, vanilla and carrots..
- Mix in salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger..
- Add baking soda and baking powder. It is important to add these ingredients separate from the rest but just before the flour as they will give your batter some air bubbles..
- Add the flour. Once it is completely mixed in, add the apricots and sunflower seeds..
- Pour the batter into a greased tin and bake for 1 hour..
You may also use parchment paper at the base of the Let the cake cool completely. Invert the cake onto a plate and dust with powdered sugar. Serve Whole Wheat Carrot Cake as a tea time snack along. Whole wheat pastry flour can be subbed equally. Eggless Whole Wheat Carrot Cake : Learn to make the world's best egg free carrot cake.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food whole wheat carrot cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!