Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake. If you're looking for a delicious, seasonal, berry cake recipe to add to your morning-treat repertoire, this buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake is perfect! The batter can be made ahead of time and stashed in the fridge, allowing you to bake the cake off in the morning. The buttermilk makes this moist and delicious.
First off… internally, we call this buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake a breakfast bake. I mean… "bake" just sounds healthier than "cake", right? 😇That said, this blueberry breakfast cake is actually relatively healthy. I have been eyeing this breakfast cake from Alexandra's Kitchen for a while now and finally cracked down and had to make it!
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake is food natural and organic is something all of us wish to do, although it’s hard. As a way to eat healthy, you must first make the correct nutrients choices. Dining healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the options very crucial to your results.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Kiplin, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
If you're looking for a delicious, seasonal, berry cake recipe to add to your morning-treat repertoire, this buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake is perfect! The batter can be made ahead of time and stashed in the fridge, allowing you to bake the cake off in the morning. The buttermilk makes this moist and delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake:
- Take 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Take of Zest from 1 large lemon.
- Make ready 1 cup of sugar (set aside 1 tablespoon for sprinkling).
- Make ready 1 of egg, room temperature.
- Get 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- Take 2 cups of all-purpose flour (set aside 1/4 cup of this to toss with the blueberries).
- Make ready 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh blueberries, picked over.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk, see recipe below.
This buttermilk blueberry cake is rich and moist with fresh blueberries folded into the batter. This is the best blueberry breakfast cake you will ever eat.
Instructions to make Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake:
- How to Make Buttermilk from Scratch: Scale this recipe up as needed. Place 2 teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup. Fill cup with milk (2% or whole is best) until it reaches the 1/2-cup line. Let stand for five minutes. Use as directed..
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, cream the butter with the lemon zest and the 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon of sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt..
- Add half of the flour mixture to the batter, and stir with spatula to incorporate. Add all of the buttermilk. Stir. Add remaining flour, and stir until flour is absorbed. Fold in the blueberries. (Leave excess flour from the blueberry bowl behind.).
- Grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray. If you have parchment paper on hand, line the pan with parchment on top of the butter. Spread the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes — a 9-inch pan will be done in closer to 35 minutes; an 8-inch pan usually needs 40 to 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes. (Note: Baking for as long as 10 m.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!