Sauerkraut Soup. Smoked meat gives this recipe for Polish sauerkraut soup (kapusniak) a terrific flavor. Serve a piping hot bowl with rye bread for a meal in a bowl. As an Amazon Associate I earn Today I'm sharing a German Sauerkraut Soup with you that is similar to how my mom used to make.
This sauerkraut soup is so easy to make, yummy and healthy. This Polish Sauerkraut Soup (Kapusniak) is filled with the smoky flavor of sausage and bacon. It is hearty, warming and is guaranteed to energize you!
Sauerkraut Soup is food natural is anything we all would like to do, although it can be hard. With the intention to eat healthy, you must first make the right meals choices. Dining healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial in your results.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, sauerkraut soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sauerkraut Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Sauerkraut Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Smoked meat gives this recipe for Polish sauerkraut soup (kapusniak) a terrific flavor. Serve a piping hot bowl with rye bread for a meal in a bowl. As an Amazon Associate I earn Today I'm sharing a German Sauerkraut Soup with you that is similar to how my mom used to make.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sauerkraut soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sauerkraut Soup:
- Prepare 1 lb of bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of med onion.
- Prepare 3 cups of carrots, chopped.
- Get 4 stalks of celery, chopped.
- Get 8 oz of Yukon Gold Potatoes, chopped.
- Get 2 TBSP of minced garlic.
- Get 8 links of Amylu’s Paleo Andouille sausages, chopped.
- Make ready 2 TBSP of salt.
- Get 2 TBSP of pepper.
- Get 1 TSP of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Rosemary.
- Take 4 cups of sauerkraut, rinsed.
- Take 12 cups of chicken broth.
Sauerkraut soup is a staple soup recipe in the German cuisine, but it also loved worldwide. Here's how to make a delicious and healthy sauerkraut soup. German gastronomy is a very special type of. This sauerkraut soup recipe, 'kapusniak' in Polish, is one of the heartiest soups I know.
Instructions to make Sauerkraut Soup:
- Chop bacon and fry; remove from grease. Drain all but 2 TBSP bacon grease. Add onions and carrots to bacon grease and sauté till onions are translucent. Add bacon, carrots and onions, minced garlic, chopped potatoes, and celery to crockpot. Sauté chopped sausages until browned and add to crockpot. Add 2 cups of chicken broth to pan and bring to low boil (deglaze), then add to crockpot. Add the rest of the chicken broth, rinsed sauerkraut, and seasonings to crockpot..
- Set crockpot to low heat and cook for 4-6 hours. If you’re in a hurry, you can speed things up by sautéing your celery and potatoes as well. Then bring all the ingredients to a boil in a stock pot..
Sharp, peppery and warming, it is a great dish to make during colder months. The perfect warm bowl of sweet, sour and spicy. Recipe adapted from "Bar Tartine: Techniques & Recipes," by Nick Balla and Cortney Burns (Chronicle Books). Sauerkraut soup is a rich and delicious one-pot meal. Perfect for a cold winter's day.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sauerkraut soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!