Split Pea Soup with Ham. I did a few things my old way such as. This is a straight-forward version of a classic soup combines dried split peas with onion and ham. Variations include adding carrots, celery, or potatoes.
You'll turn to this split pea soup with ham all winter long. When I want Split Pea Soup, this is the recipe I crave! Made with ham hocks or leftover ham, this is so delicious and freezes well.
Split Pea Soup with Ham is food natural is anything all of us want to do, although it’s hard. As a way to eat healthy, you must first make the right nutrition choices. Eating healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial to your results.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, split pea soup with ham. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
I did a few things my old way such as. This is a straight-forward version of a classic soup combines dried split peas with onion and ham. Variations include adding carrots, celery, or potatoes.
Split Pea Soup with Ham is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Split Pea Soup with Ham is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook split pea soup with ham using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Make ready 2 lb. of dried split peas.
- Take 11 1/2 of cups.
- Prepare 4 of chicken bouillon.
- Take 2 lb. of ham on bone.
- Take 4-5 clove of garlic minced or pressed.
- Get 2 of carrots sliced or ½ cup shredded.
- Make ready 2 of celery stalks leave and all medium chopped.
- Get 1 of onion minced.
- Make ready 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Take 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Make ready 1 pinch of Kosher salt.
- Take 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh black pepper.
- Prepare of Chopped cooked bacon; if there isn’t any ham or additional needed.
To freeze pea soup, let the soup cool then transfer to freezer safe containers in portions and label the soup with the date and time. CLEARLY CANADIAN ~ YELLOW SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM (Canadian Recipe). Homemade Split Pea Soup with Bacon Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks.
Instructions to make Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Add the water bouillon cubes, seasonings (oregano, bayleef, black pepper, cayenne pepper) and hambone together. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for the next half hour..
- Start chopping onions celery garlic and carrots. Add in the peas and stir frequently. Then adding the chopped vegetables. Continue to start frequently. To prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pot..
- After about an hour and a half simmering. Carefully remove the Ham bone from the mixture. Remove any additional Ham removing the fat as well. Chop up finally and add the Ham back into the soup discarding the bone..
- Additional seasoning taste and serve..
This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days. This split pea soup recipe is adapted from one written by Julia Child years ago for a Parade Magazine article. Defrost the soup overnight in the Look for smoked ham hocks in the meat section of your grocery store. Split peas are a type of. Split peas and lentils are the two legumes that don't actually need an overnight soak or extensive cooking times, consequently, I always have a bag of each on hand for quick, easy, satisfying meals.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food split pea soup with ham recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!