Split Pea Soup. Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks. This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram.
Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables. Pea soup or split pea soup is soup made typically from dried peas, such as the split pea.
Split Pea Soup is eating natural and organic is anything all of us wish to do, although it is hard. With the intention to devour healthy, you must first make the correct nutrition choices. Dining healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial in your results.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Rendell, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, split pea soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Split Pea Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Split Pea Soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks. This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Soup:
- Make ready 1 Bag of Split Peas.
- Prepare 2 of Onions.
- Take 2 of Green Onions.
- Prepare 4 of Chilis (or any pepper).
- Make ready 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Baked Sweet Potato.
- Take of Canola oil.
- Make ready of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Creole Seasoning.
- Take of Seasoned Salt.
- Prepare of Parsley Flakes.
It is, with variations, a part of the cuisine of many cultures. Pea soup takes time to make, but mostly cooks unattended. You can start it on a weekend when you're around the house, early in the afternoon, and make enough for a few days' worth of leftovers. I had been eating split pea soup for at least half my life before I realized it was not traditionally a vegetarian soup.
Steps to make Split Pea Soup:
- Set the oven for 400 F, wrap the sweet potato in foil and bake 40 minutes. Simultaneously, wash beans and veggies. Chop vegetables roughly. Appearance isn’t really a factor here..
- Put some canola oil in a pan and begin sautéing the vegetables until they get a little color. Season Generously. Add in the ham..
- I added 3 Liters of water to the pot. Surely you could use vegetable broth. Bring this to a low boil for a good hour and a half, uncovered. The liquid will reduce and the flavors will intensify. The meat will also start becoming more tender. Stir occasionally..
- After the ham has had its time to boil, add in the split peas. Peel and chop the sweet potato and add it to the party. Continue to simmer for another 2 hours or so. Stir occasionally..
- After a couple hours, you’ll notice your split peas becoming less noticeable. The soup will have thickened up considerably. Remove the ham from the soup and begin to separate it from the bone. Reserve. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Empty it into a large bowl and repeat until all soup is blended. Pour the blended soup from the bowl back into the pot. Put the separated ham back in the pot. The soup is now ready to serve..
- Garnish with parsley flakes and call it an evening..
Growing up, my mom made it from, well, tubes from the grocery store that included. It's soup weather, and split pea soup is one of my personal favorites! It's so easy to whip up, you'll never eat it from a can again. Bonus: split peas soften while cooked, so you don't need to soak them.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food split pea soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!