French Onion Soup.
French Onion Soup is food healthy is anything all of us wish to do, although it can be hard. As a way to eat healthy, you must first make the correct meals choices. Dining healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the options very crucial to your results.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Charonda, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, french onion soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. French Onion Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have french onion soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Take 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 4 of onions, sliced.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of fresh thyme sprigs.
- Get of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine, about 1/2 bottle.
- Get 3 of heaping Tbsp all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 2 quarts of beef broth.
- Take 1 of baguette, sliced.
- Take 1/2 pound of grated Gruyere.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and salt and pepper and cook until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the wine has evaporated and the onions are dry, about 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs..
- Dust the onions with the flour and give them a stir. Turn the heat down to medium low so the flour doesn't burn, and cook for 10 minutes..
- When you're ready to eat, preheat the broiler. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle the slices with the Gruyere and broil until bubbly and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes..
- Ladle the soup in bowls and float several of the Gruyere croutons on top..
- Alternative method: Ladle the soup into bowls, top each with 2 slices of bread and top with cheese. Put the bowls into the oven to toast the bread and melt the cheese..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food french onion soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!