Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble.
Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble is food healthy is whatever we all wish to do, although it’s hard. With the intention to eat healthy, you must first make the right nutrition choices. Eating healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the options very crucial to your results.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Myhanh, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, butternut squash soup with pecan crumble. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have butternut squash soup with pecan crumble using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble:
- Get of Soup:.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of honeycrisp apples.
- Get of kosher salt and pepper.
- Take 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth.
- Get 4 cups of cubed butternut squash. Option to cut the bases off of them, and scoop out the seeds and save to use as serving bowls (Refer to Roasted Acorn Squash recipe for roasting directions).
- Take 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, more or less to taste.
- Make ready 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, depending on your taste.
- Make ready 2 Tbs of + 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of salted butter.
- Make ready 1 Tbs of honey.
- Make ready of Pecan Crumble:.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups of raw pecans, roughly chopped.
- Get 1 cup of old fashioned oats.
- Make ready 2 Tbs of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 2 Tbs of real maple syrup.
- Make ready 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 Tbs of salted butter, at room temperature.
Steps to make Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and 1 chopped apple. Cook until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden, about 2 minutes, then gradually whisk in the broth until smooth. Add the butternut squash, cayenne, and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes..
- Remove the soup from the stove. Let cool slightly and then puree in a blender or use an immersion blender..
- Return the soup to the stove and set over low heat. Stir in the milk and cheese until melted and creamy. Add the thyme and cook another 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired..
- To make the honey butter apples. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 thinly sliced apple and cook until it just begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Add the honey and 2 teaspoons thyme. Cook another minute, then remove from the heat..
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and spoon the apples over top. Option to serve in roasted butternut squash bottoms..
- Finish with a sprinkle of pecan crumble. Enjoy!.
- Pecan Crumble:.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the oats, pecans, flour, maple, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Add the butter and use your fingers to crumble it into the mix until everything is moist..
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden brown and smells amazing. I like to serve this warm, so I make it while the soup simmers..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food butternut squash soup with pecan crumble recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!