JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA. Green pea soup with creamy burrata cheese and crispy bacon! Food channel L – a new recipe every day! Chef John's Most Comforting Soup Recipes.
Then add some salt and freshly milled pepper, put. Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks. This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days.
JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA is food healthy is whatever all of us want to do, although it’s hard. So as to consume healthy, you must first make the correct nutrition choices. Eating healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial on your results.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Kaori, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Green pea soup with creamy burrata cheese and crispy bacon! Food channel L – a new recipe every day! Chef John's Most Comforting Soup Recipes.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Make ready 1 lb. of dry split green peas.
- Make ready 4 of smoked bacon slices.
- Take 2 tbsp. of bacon fat.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Make ready 1 cup of onions, small diced.
- Get 2/3 cup of carrot, small diced.
- Take 2/3 cup of celery, small diced.
- Take 1 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Get 1 tbsp. of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Prepare 1 of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- Take 1 tsp. of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- Get 8 cups of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Get of feta cheese bruscheta.
- Take 12 of baguette bread slices.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of feta cheese, small diced.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of chopped oregano.
- Take 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of paprika powder.
After removing the outer hull, the peas are split in half along a natural seam, hence "split peas." Split peas are either green or yellow; for this soup. Many people's first memory of pea soup is one made by a grandmother for a huge gathering of family and friends. This version is made with a generous amount of bacon for garnish, along with a few potatoes and other vegetables to help thicken and flavor the soup. This Split Pea Soup, adapted from Cook's Illustrated coaxes out so much flavor – it you haven't had Instant Pot Split Pea Soup – Savory Tooth.
Steps to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
Pressure cookers are your friend when it comes to making anything soft Vegetarians and vegans can enjoy this soup as-is; meat lovers can add ham or bacon. This is a thick, mellow split pea soup with a whisper of meaty smoke and the brambly fragrance of thyme The recipe is easy The recipe is easy and copious, and the soup freezes well. Look for split peas that have a use-by date on the package and Cooking Guide. I had never had split pea soup with barley or cheese. Split pea soup is a favorite and I like it both with and without ham/bacon.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!