Golden Split Pea Soup. Add the split peas, water, sweet potatoes, apples, cinnamon, and chili powder, cover and bring to a boil. When the split peas are tender, add the tomato mixture. Puree the soup in a blender (in batches) or with a stick blender, adding more water if needed.
A wonderful, simple soup, which can easily be made vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth. I like to garnish with a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkle of chopped chives or parsley. Bring the broth and split peas to a boil in a large pot over med-high heat.
Golden Split Pea Soup is food natural is whatever we all wish to do, although it can be hard. As a way to consume healthy, you must first make the correct meals choices. Dining healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial to your results.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Shiraz, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, golden split pea soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Golden Split Pea Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Golden Split Pea Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Add the split peas, water, sweet potatoes, apples, cinnamon, and chili powder, cover and bring to a boil. When the split peas are tender, add the tomato mixture. Puree the soup in a blender (in batches) or with a stick blender, adding more water if needed.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have golden split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Make ready 2 1/2 cups of split peas.
- Prepare of Water to cover peas after rinsing.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Bacon (about 6 slices).
- Make ready 4 of carrots sliced.
- Take 1/2 of white onion diced.
- Get 3 of large ribs celery sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large ham shank or multiple smaller ones which I used here.
- Take of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Make ready 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves sliced.
- Make ready 2 cups of chicken broth.
This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. This is the best split pea soup recipe! I've made it three times, and am making it again right now with the ham bone left over from Easter dinner. Hearty, protein packed split pea soup made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables.
Steps to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Chop and fry bacon until crispy, pour off most bacon fat.
- Deglaze pan using chicken stock.
- Add all chopped veggies herbs and pepper, cook until aromatic.
- Add peas, water and chicken broth, stir..
- Add ham shank and bring everything to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Cover and cook on low at least 3-4 hours until meat falls off the bone removing bones and skin from shank out of soup and the peas are tender. Do not add additional salt during cooking, the bacon and ham shanks with the broth have plenty, just season with black pepper to taste..
- You can adjust thickness of soup by adding water during the cooking process and adjust seasonings to taste, if you want to add more salt I would add it to your bowl instead of the pot, so it's not too salty..
It's easy to make and perfect for the cold weather. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful. Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks. This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food golden split pea soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!