Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek). The Instant Pot makes it even faster to whip up bistek, but you can also use a normal pot or pan to make this bistek recipe! "Bistek" is the shortened word for "beefsteak" and is a pretty well-known Filipino dish. Filipino beef steak, or bistek, is a staple in every household in the Philippines. This must-try recipe is very delicious and simple to make.
This is also known as Beefsteak to some people. It is comprised of thin slices of beef and a generous Beginners will enjoy learning how to cook bistek. I'm sure that you will also like how it tastes.
Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek) is choices natural and organic is something all of us would like to do, although it is hard. So as to eat healthy, you must first make the correct nutrients choices. Dining healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial on your results.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Shequila, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, instant pot filipino beef steak (bistek). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
The Instant Pot makes it even faster to whip up bistek, but you can also use a normal pot or pan to make this bistek recipe! "Bistek" is the shortened word for "beefsteak" and is a pretty well-known Filipino dish. Filipino beef steak, or bistek, is a staple in every household in the Philippines. This must-try recipe is very delicious and simple to make.
Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have instant pot filipino beef steak (bistek) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek):
- Make ready 1 lb of boneless ribeye steak, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of calamansi juice (or lemon juice OR vinegar).
- Get 1 tsp of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Take 2 of large onions.
- Take 3 tbsp of oil divided in two.
- Take 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare pinch of salt to taste.
Talking about taste, I enjoy pouring the sauce over warm rice. Taste it, if it's too sour, add soy sauce; if it's too salty, add more juice. Remember you can also adjust near the end of cooking the beef. This Filipino beef steak is usually served over steamed rice.
Steps to make Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek):
- In a large bowl, throw in the steak, soy sauce, calamansi juice, and black pepper. Mix all the ingredients together, then let it sit for at least 30 minutes to marinade (or overnight)..
- Take two large onions, peel the skin off, and slice them into thick rings..
- Plug in your instant pot, and press Saute and keep it on Normal mode. Allow it to heat up for a few minutes, then pour in oil and sautee the onion rings until translucent..
- Heat up oil and fry marinated meat for 3-5 minutes..
- Dump in the meat and the marinade inside the instant pot. Add a pinch of salt to taste, stir it up, and put the Instant Pot lid on. Make sure that the vent is pointed towards “Sealing”..
- Press “cancel” to turn off the Saute mode, and press “Pressure Cook”, keeping it on Normal. Make sure your pressure level is on High Pressure, and then set the time for 7 minutes..
- After the 7 minutes, use oven mitts or a long spatula to release the pressure from the vent. After all the pressure has been released, you can open the lid safely..
- Press “Cancel” and “Saute” mode to let it simmer while you taste the sauce. Add the sugar and more salt if needed to taste..
- Turn off the Instant Pot, and serve your bistek with a side of white rice!.
To keep it keto-friendly, I created a Frequently Asked Questions About Filipino Bistek. Before I get to the recipe, I wanted to answer a few In a pot of the slow cooker, lay some sautéed onion rings, top with beef slices. Beef strips marinated in soy sauce and calamansi which makes it tangy and delicious. An easy way to make this delicious and comforting Filipino dish! #beef caldereta recipe filipino food instant pot. Filipino Bistek consists of thin beef slices marinated in garlic, citrus juice, and soy sauce that are pan-fried and topped with onion slices.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food instant pot filipino beef steak (bistek) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!