Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta. I served the chicken with the extra sauce over mini bow tie pasta. All three of my kids ate this and my husband gave it a thumbs up and I loved it. Chopped parsley and lemon wedges (for serving).
Serve with pasta and you're Chandler: Okay, last night at dinner, when the meals came, she put half her chicken piccata on my plate and took my tomatoes. Chicken Piccata Recipe ( Chicken with Lemon Butter sauce and Capers). Buttery Lemony Chicken Piccata – With Capers & Angel Hair Pasta.
Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta is eating healthy is whatever all of us wish to do, although it can be hard. With the intention to eat healthy, you must first make the correct meals choices. Eating healthy is all about what you eat, which makes the choices very crucial to your results.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken piccata over lemon basil pasta. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
I served the chicken with the extra sauce over mini bow tie pasta. All three of my kids ate this and my husband gave it a thumbs up and I loved it. Chopped parsley and lemon wedges (for serving).
Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken piccata over lemon basil pasta using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta:
- Prepare of Lemon Basil Pasta.
- Prepare 12 oz of spaghetti.
- Take of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of lemons (zested and juiced).
- Make ready 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Get 1/4 bunch of Basil, chopped.
- Make ready of Chicken Piccata.
- Make ready 1 of fresh lemon.
- Get 1/4 bunch of Italian Parsley, chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic.
- Make ready 2-3 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs).
- Take Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan Cheese, to garnish.
Sprinkle remaining basil all over the top, then add sliced chicken breasts. I have another lemon pasta recipe on this site, and it's I added some grilled chicken to the top of this pasta dish at the end…but the grilled chicken is really secondary. It's the pasta here—a creamy concoction. This Lemon Chicken Piccata is a simple, yet impressive dish!
Instructions to make Chicken Piccata over Lemon Basil Pasta:
- For the Pasta:.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water (1 tablespoon of salt for every 6 cups of water) until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally..
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return drained spaghetti to the pot..
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice, oil, heavy cream, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes in a bowl to combine. Add ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and whisk to combine..
- Add lemon sauce to spaghetti in pot; toss until pasta is evenly coated with sauce. Add remaining cooking liquid, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, to taste..
- Garnish with lemon zest, chopped basil and parmesan cheese..
- For the Chicken Piccata:.
- Prepare the lemon, parsley, and garlic so they’re ready to go when you need them. Roughly chop the parsley leaves, juice the lemon, and mince the garlic. Set these ingredients aside..
- Trim the chicken breasts of excess fat. Cover them with plastic wrap and pound them with a mallet or rolling pin until they are an even thickness (about 1/2-3/4 inch thick)..
- Cut each chicken breast in half so that you have four to six pieces about the size of the palm of your hand. Season both sides of the chicken pieces with salt and pepper..
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet, over medium heat. While the oil is heating, place the flour in a bowl and lightly coat each piece of chicken on both sides. When the oil is very hot but not smoking, add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side (about 3-5 minutes on each side)..
- Cook the chicken in batches, if needed, to prevent them from overcrowding the skillet. Transfer the browned chicken on a clean plate..
- After removing the chicken from the skillet, turn the heat down to medium-low and add the butter and minced garlic. Sauté the garlic in the butter for about one minute. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the skillet and whisk to dissolve (or “deglaze”) the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan..
- Add the capers and half of the chopped parsley to the skillet. Increase the heat to medium, add the chicken back to the skillet, and spoon the sauce over top. Allow the chicken to simmer in the sauce for 3-5 minutes, without a lid, or until the sauce reduces by half. The flour on the chicken will help thicken the sauce as it simmers..
- Twirl the pasta into the center of the dish and sprinkle remaining basil over pasta. Top with two pieces of chicken, and top with lemon wedge. Drizzle remaining sauce in skillet over dish. Top with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese..
Delicious chicken in a tasty lemon, butter and capers sauce. Made entirely in one pan, it's perfect with pasta for a quick and delicious dinner. This chicken piccata recipe with lemon caper sauce is a quick and easy weeknight meal. Transfer chicken to a serving dish. Chicken piccata gets the full pasta treatment!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken piccata over lemon basil pasta recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!