Congee for the Instant Pot.
Congee for the Instant Pot is food natural is something we all wish to do, although it is hard. So as to eat healthy, you must first make the correct nutrients choices. Dining healthy is all approximately what you eat, which makes the options very crucial to your results.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, congee for the instant pot. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Congee for the Instant Pot is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Congee for the Instant Pot is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have congee for the instant pot using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Congee for the Instant Pot:
- Get 3/4 cup (173 g) of Jasmine rice (using standard 250 ml cup) (or white rice).
- Get 6.5-7 cups of cold water (using standard 250 ml cup).
- Make ready 5 of – 6 chicken drumsticks (or chicken thighs).
- Take 1 of small onion finely chopped/diced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced or puréed.
- Make ready of Garlic – 2 or more cloves minced.
- Make ready of Green onions for garnish.
- Make ready of Salt (to taste).
- Get 2-4 cups of shredded cabbage (SAVE THIS until the very end) this also can be optional).
- Prepare of Optional: serve with peanuts, crispy garlic, see notes below.
Steps to make Congee for the Instant Pot:
- Rinse 173g (3/4 standard cup) of rice in the pot under cold water by gently scrubbing the rice with your fingertips in a circling motion. Pour out the milky water, and continue to rinse until water is clear. Drain well. Peel onion and run under cold water so that if the onion is sharp it will not sting your eyes as much when you dice it..
- Add finely chopped onion, minced ginger, minced garlic (I use a pampered chef to assist in my chopping as I am horrible with knives), 5-6 chicken drumsticks and 6.5 – 7 cups of cold water (using standard 250 ml cup) into the pot. Do not add salt at this point. (The ratio is 1 cup rice to 9 – 9.75 cups of water).
- Close the lid on the instant pot and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Then do a Natural Release in the Instant Pot..
- Open the lid carefully. The congee will look watery at this point. At this point, you could add the optional 2-3 cups cabbage. Stir in the shredded cabbage – it will wilt down and cook enough from the residual heat in the pot..
- Heat up the pot (Instant Pot: press Sauté button), stir until desired thickness & consistency. Season with salt..
- If needed, use tongs and fork to separate the chicken meat from the bones (they literally fall off the bone) and remove the chicken bones and skin (if desired). It is better to use chicken or meat with the bone in for nutrients and flavour but it is not a deal breaker if you do not..
- Remove congee from heat and garnish with green onions. You can serve immediately. Please see notes for ideas of what to serve with congee..
- Notes You can easily customize the congee by adding toppings like crispy garlic, fried shallots, roasted salted peanuts, soy sauce, fish sauce, etc.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in a 350F oven or in a pot on the stovetop..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food congee for the instant pot recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!